We make the Arizona economics standards accessible and fun to teach!
Below are current and upcoming programs offered by the Office of Economic Education. There are no fees for these programs. Scroll down to register.
ELEMENTARY TEACHERS - TAKE LEARNING TO NEW HEIGHTS: TEACH THE NEW SOCIAL STUDIES STANDARDS WITH CONFIDENCE!
Join us for a half-day professional development workshop for elementary teachers! Gain rich content and engaging lessons you can replicate in your classroom. Acquire new resources to strengthen your students’ social studies, literacy, and numeracy skills simultaneously!
In this fun and informative workshop, participants will...
- Review the elementary portions of the newly-adopted Arizona History and Social Science Standards, and learn how they will impact your classroom;
- Receive a handy reference guide related to the new Arizona History and Social Science Standards;
- Participate in several interactive lessons that integrate history, economics, English language arts, and mathematics;
- Receive a copy of the beautifully-illustrated award-winning children’s book Sky Boys: How They Built the Empire State Building by Deborah Hopkinson;
- Receive a UA certificate for 3.5 professional development hours;
- Receive access to all workshop materials, for use in your classroom;
- Enjoy breakfast and refreshments too!
There is no fee for this program, but you must pre-register
Pre-Service teachers are welcome and encouraged to attend too!
THE WORKSHOP WILL BE OFFERED AT THREE LOCATIONS. SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILS AND LOCATIONS.
Location and directions included in registration confirmation.
Economics Summer Institute 2019
For Middle and High School Teachers
Learn the basic content you are lacking — or want to review — for teaching Arizona Social Studies Strand 5. Two consecutive week-long, non-credit workshops — one in microeconomics, one in macroeconomics — are designed for middle and high school teachers to provide a firm grounding in the basic principles. To learn more about the summer institute click HERE.
For additional information, please contact us.