We make the Arizona economics standards accessible and fun to teach!
In partnership with the Thomas R. Brown Foundation, the UA Office of Economic Education (OEE) has assembled a team of educators to improve, promote, and facilitate economic education in Southern Arizona. Members of this team, known as OEE Ambassadors, will
- Participate in trainings on economic concepts, teaching strategies, and leadership skills;
- Share resources with local teachers in their home areas;
- Co-teach economics education professional development programs;
- Earn extra income along the way!
2019-2020 Ambassador Cohort
The first cohort of OEE Ambassadors was selected through a competitive application process. The educators listed below will serve as OEE Ambassadors through Spring of 2020.
- Michael Maes, Marana High School, Tucson
- Jill Osterman, Buena High School, Sierra Vista
- Shawna Perry, Castle Dome Middle School, Yuma
- Angela Roe, American Leadership Academy, Queen Creek
- Kristina Rose-Holston, Pueblo Del Sol Elementary School, Sierra Vista
- Jerri Van Sickle, Gila Ridge High School, Yuma
- Matthew Weeks, San Tan Foothills High School, San Tan Valley
- Robyn Yewell, Harrelson Elementary School, Tucson
Several local economics educators have agreed to mentor the OEE Ambassadors. Current mentors include:
- Travis Klein, Flowing Wells High School
- Jim Lerch, University High School
- Steven Reff, author and retired University of Arizona lecturer