We make the Arizona economics standards accessible and fun to teach!
In partnership with the Thomas R. Brown Foundation, the UA Office of Economic Education (OEE) is creating a team of educators to improve, promote, and facilitate economic education in Southern Arizona. Members of this team, known as OEE Ambassadors, will:
- Participate in trainings on economic concepts, teaching strategies, and leadership skills;
- Share resources with local teachers in their home areas;
- Co-teach economics education professional development programs;
- Earn extra income along the way!
OFFICE OF ECONOMIC EDUCATION AMBASSADORS
The OEE Ambassador team represents various groups connected to education in Southern Arizona, including:
- Middle and high school educators who teach economics, civics, history, personal finance or relevant CTE courses;
- Elementary educators;
- Relevant representatives from post-secondary educational institutions;
- School administrators.
Ambassadors are selected through an application process.
Ambassadors serve terms of three semesters, and may serve more than one term.
Ambassadors are expected to:
- Attend at least one full-day training each semester to learn about new resources, plan programs, and develop leadership skills (we will cover expenses and pay a stipend);
- Participate in an online monthly forum August-May to share and generate ideas;
- Attend workshops presented by the OEE and our partners in Southern Arizona (The Thomas R. Brown Foundation and Arizona Council on Economic Education);
- Share information about economics education resources with colleagues;
- Advocate for economics education in local schools;
- Assist in offering and implementing professional development programs;
- Provide feedback to the OEE about programs as needed.
- Collaborate with skilled colleagues who share a passion for economic education;
- Acknowledgement as leaders in economic education on the OEE website and in an OEE letter to school administrators
- Have opportunities to shape economics professional development opportunities in Southern Arizona;
- Gain preferential access to technology and conference scholarships;
- Receive professional development credits for participation;
- Earn income when assisting in the implementation of a workshop;
- Enjoy OEE swag including a custom name tag.